Somebody asked if we were doing “school cleaning”. And no I haven’t. But, I found Miss Aleigha up on a step ladder washing the white tile classroom walls while Miss Christina worked on her preparations🥰
In the afternoon, Miss Aleigha pulled out her water color painting to finish name tags for her classroom. So my girls got their watercolor painting out also and they had fun painting together💗
I was in the mood to stir up something sweet in the kitchen and Miss Aleigha suggested those choc covered rice krispy peanut butter balls🤤
In the evening, was a Hindu after death feast.. the father of one of our Chakrakhali Sunday School boys. It was hosted at a home at the back of the Chakrakhali School grounds. After giving the wife of the deceased a hug while she cried (I’m guessing she’s probably younger than me.?.) it was a very “soggy” hug🫣… it had been raining off and on.. I guess that’s why.?. Then Dudjoy’s mom escorted us back to a bedroom in the concrete house, past the cooking fires. The guests sitting closest to the cooking area were beaded with sweat🥵. The girls entertained themselves by watching a Hindu girl practice her dancing in front of a T.V. in the adjoining room. Before too long there was a table ready for us and we were escorted over to it. Kobid and Miss Christina ended up sitting next to each other so Kobid turned his chair side ways so the back of it was between them😉😅 King Kor and another S.S. boy were sitting at the table just down from ours, he wondered how we liked the food?… said his Grandpa had cooked all? of it. A clay bowl of shiny 1 Taka coins was brought around and 1 coin was distributed to each guest. We’re supposed to take it home and it would be a reminder for us to pray for the soul of the deceased man…😏I wish it wasn’t too late to petition for his soul… The food at this event was probably some of the poorest? In that each bucket of soupy victuals, was hard to decipher from the last… they seemed all kinda the same… each course is usually a little more definable…rice, potato curry, fish curry, chicken curry, some kind of sour fruit curry, dhal, doy(yogurt) but this time I would ask Kobid, “Why they bringing the same thing by?” So he’d ask the server, and no it’s fish curry this time!
Dipti’s family came in just as we were about to get up and leave so they were able to have our table. New daughter in law Baroti’s little brother Rudro was along with them also🤎
No comments:
Post a Comment